Thursday, March 4, 2010

Holding Forth (aka Beach Bums)




Upon receiving a rejection of this painting from an exhibition, I can now alter it and see if I can cure some of the things that bothered me in the first place. I removed the background scene which suggested a beach; it wasn't adding much and I thought took some focus off the figures, which is the main event here. So I tried throwing in a wash of Raw Seinna, thinking i would try to create one of those warm, weathered Italian walls. It can't be that salmoney color, as the faces would disappear and they are already having trouble standing up to what's there. I can already see that things are going to have to be adjusted if we're going to stay with this plan.

I did do another painting today, but it was so bad it refused to be posted.

1 comment:

  1. wonderful painting.. my fav subject matter.. old men...........

    ReplyDelete