Sunday, February 2, 2014

Worldwide Watercolor Competition

Progressions, watercolor, 20 x 25

Up Next, watercolor, 12 x 9


I've been trying to figure out how to peruse the list of the 600 artists that made it through phase 1 in the World of Watercolour's First Worldwide Watercolor Competition (that's a lot of Ws).  I have seen online that several have been notified that they made it past stage 1.  I just assumed that if I hadn't heard, it was not good news……

THEN, as I was doing my taxes and going through my records, I see that in mid-December I made a payment to the french magazine company that sponsored the competition.  Since my subscription isn't due to renew until May, I was confused.  Maybe I ordered a few more copies of the September issue (featuring yours truly)?  So I checked my email, and lo and behold, there was my email notification of having made it thru stage 1, as well as my receipt for payment for stage 2 consideration.  So, I did get in and I just gapped it!

Still don't know which of the two paintings above were selected.  I should run a pool, since it 's Super Bowl Sunday.  Let me know your pick, winners will get pack of notecards featuring painting.

By the way, the Art of Watercolour (http://www.artofwatercolour.com/) is a great way to get in on what's going on in watercolor from a global perspective; published 4 times per year.

1 comment:

  1. I love them both -- but my eye draws more to Progressions -- so I think that's the one they picked
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete