Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Streetlight Near the Springs Motel (Taylors Falls)


8 x 10" oil

Still at the workshop when this was done, and had I known the instructor was demonstrating elsewhere, I would never have been out painting in the dark. But I thought we were supposed to be out working on a "nocturne" so I set up my easel in a parking lot and stubbornly turned away from the colorful, well-lit storefronts of downtown Taylor's Falls, and instead chose this view of the alley and the motel on the hill beyond. I'd had a couple of glasses of wine and too much to eat at dinner, I was feeling crabby and REALLY did not want to be out painting with the bugs. In the dark. Where I could see nothing. But, as these things happen, the hours flew by and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment