Sunday, February 8, 2009

G.I.P. III


10.5" X 14" Watercolor

Yet another do-over. I decided the others were too large, too much in-your-face. This has become an exercise in recognizing what I DON'T want in a painting, and that is because I am unclear about what I DO want. I just tumbled to this idea, when really it is something that should have been already known and in operation. How else do you make decisions? You don't; instead, you stumble around trying this and that and getting frustrated.

So it's back to the drawing board, to do a real monochromatic value study like I should have done in the first place, instead of relying on my doodles and giving in too soon to that anxious feeling that I should quit screwing around and get painting. A good plan, once prepared.

Also, painting and posting is going to be hit or miss this week, as I am filling as a transcription typist for somebody who is on vacation. If I were a faster typist, this wouldn't be eating up so much of my time this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment